RETURN

Friday, May 17, 2013

I, Watson / May 2013




I haven’t written for a while.  I’ve been well.  The boss and I are doing well.  We just returned from a trip to the Oregon Coast.  Although I’m from Southern California originally, this was my first trip to the ocean.  It was wonderful – running along the beach, digging in the sand, chasing the birds, and I even got a little wet in the ocean.  I’m not much of a swimmer.  The picture, above, was taken when I was just settling-in for my afternoon nap.

I can’t say enough good things about the accommodations – very ‘dog friendly’ as they say.  During check-in, I was given a clean quilt to sleep on, my own towel, and a very tasty treat.  My compliments to the staff.  Of course, the boss brought along my luggage to include my bed, food and treats, ball, brush, etc.  I was very comfortable.

Well, that’s the update from here.  Warm wishes to all.

Watson


True’s postscript:  Watson is asleep now and I thought I would make some of my own comments.  Everything did not go particularly well on this trip, as far as Mr. Watson is concerned.  He is continuing his ‘dog aggressive’ attitude, very aggressive.  I try to keep him on the leash whenever other dogs are nearby; but if they come within 50 yards or so, Watson is off to the races in attack mode.  It doesn’t seem to matter the size of the other dog involved.  On leash, he is yanking and pulling trying to get at the dog.  Watson weighs about 18 pounds, so he is not a particularly big threat to most dogs.  However, if some dog decides to teach him a lesson, which would be probably deserved, I will be the one rushing Watson to the vet.  The bottom line is that he just doesn’t seem to like other dogs.  I don’t know if this could be a defense mechanism that he has learned in the various animal shelters in which he has spent time.

I have signed-up for a class over the next several weeks; a class designed to correct this problem.  However, if any of you have any good suggestions, or similar experience, as Dr. Crane says, “I’m listening.”

True Nelson