RETURN

Monday, July 20, 2020

‘Race Relations, and My Life of White Privilege’... Part 2



Rereading Part 1 of my narrative and in consideration of what goes on seemingly every day in this country, I was more conciliatory than is called for – in my evolving opinion.  We just can’t set back and ignore what is happening to our cities like Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, New York, and others.

I will make this short and to the point.  We can’t just remain silent about the looting, vandalism and crime that is destroying the livability of our cities.  I know there are many of you throughout this great nation who feel like I do.   But you might ask, what can we do?  Well we need to show to others that we support our police, our military and our country.

I am asking all real Americans to fly the American flag outside their homes 24 hours a day until law and order is restored. 


THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.      Thomas Paine



True Nelson

to be continued...

No comments: