RETURN

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Governor John Kitzhaber and Cylvia Hayes / The Plot Thickens



Governor John Kitzhaber and his girlfriend (Cylvia Hayes), aka ‘The First Lady,’ are making the news again.  I’m not going to run through the details.  If interested, I suggest people read Nick Budnick’s article in The Oregonian on 2/4/15.  And, or read David Sarasohn’s article, also in The Oregonian on 2/4/15.  I imagine one can find both online at OregonLive if you missed the newspaper.

Kitzhaber, Hayes, et al:  It sounds like double-dealing and cronyism of the worst kind – and dare I say possible criminality.  But don’t expect an official inquiry anytime soon.  Our Attorney General Ellen F. Rosenblum was appointed by Kitzhaber and is beholden to him for her current position.  And, as an aside, isn’t it interesting how she got her job?  Did her father pull some strings?

Well, what about the FBI?  Doesn’t appear to be anything happening there, as Gregory Bretzing (Special Agent in Charge – Portland) seems to be sitting on his hands waiting for the Oregonian to complete their investigation.

I got a kick out of the recent commentary by Steve Duin with The Oregonian.  He, too, pretty much laid-out Kitzhaber’s predicament.  However, at the end of his article, I had to disagree with his conclusion.  Mr. Duin opined that if the Governor had to choose between his job and ‘The First Lady,’ he (the Governor) would choose Cylvia.  Sounds romantic doesn’t it?  But, I doubt that’s how it would play.  I think that, if Kitzhaber resigns, Cylvia will move on to what she perceives to be greener pastures.

Once, I recall my grandfather commenting on a ‘good-looking’ woman who was appearing on television.  It surprised me.  I didn’t think that sort of thing ever crossed his mind.  My grandmother heard the comment.  She looked over at me and smiled.  I remember what she said.  “There’s no fool like an old fool.”


True Nelson

PS:  You might also be interested in:  http://trueattrue.blogspot.com/2014/10/oregon-governor-john-kitzhaber-co.html

No comments: