RETURN

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

True's Miscellany March 2016 / My Previous Post / I Don't Like It.



This morning, I read my previous post.  I don’t like it.  I could delete it; but it adds context to what I am about to say.

It’s a personal thing.  Sometimes, I write about subjects that make me feel good.  The latest one did not.  It’s what I believe, but it’s angry and not particularly relevant to anyone but me.  This is the political season.  Everyone has their personal beliefs on who they would like to see become the eventual President.  However, most of us will come to the realization that we won’t be voting for someone – as much as we will be voting against someone.  My family and friends have their preferences.  They have, or will make, their own decisions based on personal reasons – some frivolous (in my opinion) – as, undoubtedly, are my own.  As the choices for President seem to narrow, I am becoming more and more convinced that I will not vote for President.  The process has become too ugly.  The choices uninspiring.

Many young people seem inspired and motivated by Bernie Sanders.  It’s their future.  He seems like a nice guy, maybe a little nutty.  Why not?

I’m a retired, unemployed, often (at least sometimes) depressed curmudgeon - actually a bit younger than Bernie.  I don’t like to think of myself that way - depressed curmudgeon that is; but, if I’m not already there, I’m well on my way.

I need to pause and rethink what’s important – to me – now - and to write about same - maybe just a tad more uplifting.



True Nelson

No comments: