RETURN

Monday, April 14, 2014

Bubba Watson, aka Gerry Lester Watson Jr (Winner Masters Tournament - 2014)



Off theme for my blog, perhaps; but of interest to me.  I belong to an informal group of golfers.  We try and get together to play when the sun shines in the Portland area.  The group’s honcho also organizes a friendly betting pool on major professional golf tournaments.  Yesterday was the final day of the Masters Tournament – a big deal in the golf world.  Although I don’t really spend much time following golf, I always try to enter the pools just for fun.  Surprise, surprise; yesterday I won.  How did that happen?  I picked Bubba Watson to win – which he did.

Actually my associate and good buddy, the same of ‘I Watson’ fame, thought it was a good idea.  I wasn’t so sure.  But, decided to go with it.  Although, I must say that my Mr. Watson slept through most of the tournament.

However, this got me interested in Bubba Watson, the now two-time winning Masters' Champion.  His given name isn’t Bubba, of course.  His name is Gerry Lester Watson Jr., and he was raised near Pensacola, Florida.  He is 35 years of age.  He was a standout golfer in high school and college (University of Georgia).  While in college, he met his wife Angie who was a member of the women’s basketball team.  Incidentally, she is 6’4” tall and Bubba is reported to be 6’3”.

Bubba's Share of the MastersTournament winnings for 2014 is approximately $1.6 million.

Bubba and his wife and child went to the Waffle House for their after tournament celebration.

Bubba sounds like an all-around nice guy.

Congratulations Bubba!

True Nelson


Watson (photo to right) sends his regards, and then decided to take a nap.


No comments: